French Army Surplus Camo Jacket / Paris
€35.00 / Sold Out
From rather closer to home I recently came across these French Army surplus jackets which are currently issued to French forces serving in African countries
The design, cut and weight of the jacket is very similar (and in my opinion improves upon) the iconic U.S 'M65' field jacket as can be seen in films such as 'Serpico' and 'Taxi Driver'
The 'M65' is a personal favourite for travelling due to it's rugged construction and deep pockets. This jacket however has further features such as two interior pockets, two pockets on the back and reinforced elbows which run almost to the cuff
This is a very nice item really not to be missed, further details below
This is a medium weight combat jacket in tough cotton and almost identical in weight and cut to a U.S classic 'M65' jacket. It is issued but in great condition, it has been throughly cleaned so does not have any hint of a musty smell from storage.
Details as follows:
- Front fastening zipper with button down velcro flap
- Adjustable drawstring waist
- Three front pockets with button down flaps
- One large velcro closing sleeve pocket featuring the 'Cross of Lorraine' insignia, the symbol of free France during WWII
- Two large back pockets, one divided into two compartments
- Double lined and reinforced elbows
- Adjustable velcro fastening cuffs
- Half lined body with two interior button down pockets
- Hood attached and stowed inside the collar
The item measures 63cm from pit to pit when laid flat and 82cm in length from the base of the collar down the back.
The jacket would best suit someone around 6ft / 1m80 in height with a medium chest size
More pictures of the item can be seen below the main image
I currently have two of these available for purchase in similar sizes, the other is cut slightly longer than this one